Details of the Faculty or Staff
Zhang Chong, male, associate research fellow, Institute of Geology, Chinese Academy of Geological SciencesNo.26, Baiwanzhuang Avenue, Xicheng District, Beijing City 100037.
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
- October 2009 - October 2010, Department of Earth Sciences, Utrecht University, government-sponsored oversea education;
- September 2006 - July 2011, doctoral candidate, School of Geoscience and Space Science, Peking University, majored in Petrology, Mineralogy and Metallogeny;
- September 2002 - July 2006, School of Geosciences, Jilin University, majored in Geology, obtained a bachelor's degree.
2014 - present, assistant research fellow, Institute of Geology, Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences;
July 2013 - December 2013, assistant research fellow, Institute of Geology, Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences;
March 2013 - May 2013, postdoctor, Utrecht University; July 2011 - July 2013, postdoctor, Peking University.
- He is mainly engaged in research on high pressure / ultrahigh pressure metamorphic geology related to orogenic belt, and interested in research on petrology and mineralogy of eclogite, garnet peridotite and related surrounding rocks in the orogenic belt. Research direction: Research on High Pressure / Ultrahigh Pressure Metamorphic Geology Related to Orogenic Belt.
Awards and Honors, Academic posts
Scientific Research Projects
- January 2017 - December 2019: take charge of “Comprehensive Comparative Study for Ultrahigh-Pressure Minerals of Global Typical Ophiolite Continental Lithosphere and Their Host Rocks”, the Basic Scientific Research Funds Program for Chinese Academy of Geological Sciences;
- January 2016 - December 2019: be responsible for “Seeking for Ancient Lithospheric Mantle in the Orogenic Belt - taking Garnet Peridotite from Lvliang Mountain in Ultrahigh Pressure Metamorphic Zone at the Northern Margin of Qaidam Basin”, the General Fund Program of National Natural Science Foundation;
- January 2016 - December 2018: be in charge of “Comprehensive Geological Survey for Technology Gallery of Tethys - Qinghai-Tibet Plateau and Structural Settings of Main Metallogenic Belt”, the Sub-project of the Secondary China Geological Survey Project;
- January 2015 - December 2015: take charge of “Background Survey for Geological Corridor of Lhasa - Gangdise Terrane and Metallogenic Belt - SongTho Section”, the General Program of China Geological Survey;
- January 2014 - December 2014: take charge of “Genesis of PaleoTethyan Ophiolite and Eclogite in SongTho”, the General Program of China Geological Survey;
- January 2013 - December 2015: take charge of “Research on Eclogite and Garnet Peridotite in the West Section of Northern Qaidam Basin and Its Restrictions for Evolutionary Process of Subduction Zone”, Youth Fund Program of National Natural Science Foundation;
- March 2013 - May 2013: take charge of “Comparative Research on Garnet Peridotite and Its Surrounding Rocks in Northern Qaidam Basin and Caledonian Orogenic Belt, Scandinavia”, International Cooperation Project of National Natural Science Foundation;
- March 2013 - February 2014: be responsible for “The Comparison Studies of the Garnet Peridotite and Its Country Rocks in North Qaidam and Scandinavian Caladonides”, The Netherlands Research Center for Integrated Solid Earth Science;
- June 2013 - June 2015: take charge of “Research on Native Rock Forming Environment of Eclogite and Garnet Peridotite on the Northern Qaidam Basin”, the Special Foundation Project for Post Doctorate;
- January 2012 - December 2013: take charge of “Petrographic Study for Retrogressive metamorphism of Eclogite in Xitieshan Area of Northern Qaidam Basin and Its Restrictions for Exhumation Mechanism of Deep Subduction Substances”, the General Program of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation;
- January 2017 - December 2021: take part in “Connection of Metamorphism and Orogenesis: Insights from Early Palaeozoic Orogenic System at the Northeast Margin of Qinghai-Tibet Plateau”, the Key Fund Project of National Natural Science Foundation;
- January 2014 - December 2017: participate in “Magmatism and Continental Crustal Growth during Continental Deep Subduction and Orogenic collapse of Ultrahigh Pressure Metamorphic Zone”, the General Program of National Natural Science Foundation, the first participant;
- January 2013 - December 2016: participate in “Research on Serpentinite-like Combination Petrology of Northen Dulang in the Ultrahigh Pressure Metamorphic Zone of Northern Qaidam basin”, the General Program of National Natural Science Foundation, the first participant;
- January 2012 - December 2015: participate in “Conversion of Early Palaeozoic-Mesozoic Tectonic System in the North China Craton and Interaction with Crust Mantle”, the General Program of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, the first participant;
- January 2009 - August 2013: take part in “Chemical Changes and Exhumation Process of Deep Subduction Oceanic Crust”, the National Program on Key Basic Research Project of China (973 Program);
- January 2009 - December 2011: take part in “Research on Ultrahigh Pressure Subduction Metamorphic Petrology of Shaliuhe Region in Northern Qaidam Basin”, the Youth Fund Project of China Postdoctoral Science Foundation.
- Zhang, C., Bader, T., Zhang, L.F., van Roermund, H., 2017. The multi-stage tectonic evolution of the Xitieshan terrane, North Qaidam orogen, western China: from Grenville-age orogeny to early-Paleozoic ultrahigh-pressure metamorphism. Gondwana Research, 41:290-300.
- Zhang Cong, Liu Xiaoyu, Yang Jingsui, Li Peng, Zhang Lifei, 2016, Neoproterozoic Metamorphism of Ultrahigh Pressure Metamorphic Zone in Northern Qaidam Basin: Evidences of Petrology and Monazite Chronology from Paragneiss in Xitieshan, Acta Petrologica Sinica, 32(12): 3715-3728.
- Li Peng, Zhang Cong*, Liu Xiaoyu, Yang Jingsui, Fu Yiwen, 2016, Metamorphic Evolution Processes and Their Geological Implications of Gneisses from Duoba Area of Tibet, Journal of Earth Sciences and Environment, 38(5): 601-612.
- Huang Jie, Zhang Cong*, Yang Jingsui, Li Peng, 2016, A Study of Geochemistry and Chronology of Garnet Amphibolite from the Nyingchi Complex in the Lhasa Terrane, Acta Geoscientia Sinica, 37(6): 1-12.
- Zhang Cong, Huang Jie, Chen Mei, Yang Jingsui, 2015, Using Garnet Peridotite to Reconstruct the Paleo-Geodynamic Settings and Evolution Processes of the Continental Subduction Zone, Acta Petrologica Sinica, 31(12): 3743-3754.
- Huang Jie, Tian Zuolin, Zhang Cong*, Yang Jingsui, Chen Mei, 2015, Metamorphic Evolution of Sumdo Eclogite in Lhasa Block of the Tibetan Plateau: Phase equilibrium in NCKMnFMASHTO System, Geology of China, 42(5): 1559-1571.
- Huang Jie, Zhang Cong*, Shen Tingting, Yang Jingsui, Chen Mei, 2015, Petrology and Metamorphic Evolution of Staurolite-Bearing Garnet Amphibolite in Nyingchi Complex of the Lhasa Block, Geology of China, 42(5): 1588-1600.
- Chen Mei, Tian Zuolin, Zhang Cong*, Yang Jingsui, Huang Jie, 2015, Phase Equilibrium Modeling for Metamorphic Evolution of Garnet-Bearing Mica-Quartz Schist in Sumdo UHP Metamorphic Belt, Geology of China, 42(5): 1572-1587.
- Song, S., Niu, Y., Su, L., Zhang, C. & Zhang, L. 2014. Continental orogenesis from ocean subduction, continent collision/subduction, to orogen collapse, and orogen recycling: The example of the North Qaidam UHPM belt, NW China. Earth Science Reviews, 129, 59-84.
- Zhang, C., Zhang, L.F., Bader, T., Song, S., Lou, Y., 2013. Geochemistry and trace element behaviors of eclogite during its exhumation in the Xitieshan terrane, North Qaidam UHP belt, NW China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 63: 81-97.
- Zhang Cong, Zhang Lifei, Zhang Guibing, Chen Mei, Huang Jie, 2013, The Tectonic Evolution of the Dulan terrane, North Qaidam UHP Metamorphic Belt: Evidence from In-situ EMP Monazite Dating of Paragneiss, Acta Petrologica et Mineralogica, 32(6): 1037-1056.
- Zhang Cong, Tian Zuolin, Zhang Lifei, Huang Jie, Chen Mei, 2013, The Retrograde Process of Two Types of Eclogite in the Xitieshan Terrane, North Qaidam and Its Constraint of the Exhumation Mechanism in the Subduction Zone, Geological Bulletin of China, 32(12): 2044-2054.
- Lou, Y.X., Wei, C.J., Liu, X.C., Zhang, C., Tian, Z.L., Wang, W., 2013. Metamorphic evolution of garnet amphibolite in the western Dabieshan eclogite belt, Central China: Evidence from petrography and phase equilibria modeling. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 63(0): 130-138.
- Song Shuguang, Zhang Guibin, Zhang Cong, Zhang Lifei, Wei Chunjing, 2013, Dynamic Processes of Oceanic Subduction and Continental Collision: Petrologic Constraints of HP-UHP Metamorphic Zone in Northern Qilian - Northern Qaidam Basin, Chinese Science Bulletin, 58(23): 2240-2245.
- Shao Ji’an, Zhang Cong, Lu Fengxiang, 2013, Metasomatism of Early Mesozoic Mantle Derived Xenoliths and Melt / Solution, Ningcheng County, Inner Mongolia, Earth Science Frontiers, 20(3): 170-179.1
- Zhang, C., van Roermund, H., Zhang, L.F., Spiers, C., 2012. A polyphase metamorphic evolution for the Xitieshan paragneiss of the north Qaidam UHP metamorphic belt, western China: In-situ EMP monazite- and U–Pb zircon SHRIMP dating. Lithos, 136–139(0): 27-45.
- Zhang, C., Van Roermund, H., Zhang, L. F. 2011. Orogenic garnet peridotites: tools to reconstruct paleo-geodynamic settings of fossil continental collision zones. Dobrizhinetskaya, L., Faryad, S., Wallis, S., Cuthbert, S. (Eds) “Ultrahigh Pressure Metamorphism: 25 years after the discovery of coesite and diamond”, Elsvier, London, 501-540.
- Zhang, C., Zhang, L. F., Van Roermund, H., Song, S. G., Zhang, G. B. 2011. Petrology and SHRIMP U-Pb dating of Xitieshan eclogite, North Qaidam UHP metamorphic belt, NW China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 42 752-767.
- Song Shuguang, Zhang Cong, Li Xianhua, Zhang Lifei, 2011, HP/UHP Metamorphic Time of Eclogite in the Xitieshan Terrane, North Qaidam UHPM Belt, NW China, Acta Petrologica Sinica, 27(4): 1191-1197.
- Zhang Cong, Zhang Lifei, Zhang Guibin, Song Shuguang, 2009, Petrologic Features and Retrograde PT Path of Eclogites from Xitieshan, North Qaidam, China, Acta Petrologica Sinica, 25 (9): 2247-2259.